Yes, You can own a home in 2017. Owning a home is one of the largest purchases you’ll ever make. Although it might feel overwhelming it doesn’t have to be. Watch this short video on the home buying process.
The steps to owning a home include:
1. Getting approved for a loan
2. Working with a licensed professional that can explain the process and help with the hard decisions.
3. Select the area you want to live in. Before choosing the city drive around and check out the community, call the school district and get the school score breakdowns, call the city to find out what’s offered. Is a community swimming pool important to you? Do you want public transportation, shopping, a prairie path? Think about what you really want near your new home.
4. Begin your home search. Download my free home search app that gives access to active listings in the entire United States – Click here.
5. Once you find a home we will write an offer based on current market data. A home is only worth what someone is willing to pay. We will use current sold properties to determine a good asking price.
6. Once the offer is accepted you’ll hire a licensed home inspector. This takes about 3 hours. It might seem long but it’s the best way to understand what you are purchasing. A resale home isn’t perfect.
7. After the inspection issues are resolved you’ll make sure all necessary paperwork is turned into your mortgage company. Your loan officer might ask for the same document more than once. Please just resend it and also stay away from big purchases. That could harm your purchase power and result in a loan denial.
8. The mortgage company will order your appraisal. Once the appraisal is completed and the underwriter has all paperwork we wait for a clear to close and your confirmed closing date and time.
9. One or two days before closing we have a final walk-thru of the home.
10. Finally, we meet a the title company to close your home purchase. This is different in other states. In Illinois we close at the title company location.
Ask me how I can negotiate your down payment today. Contact me now
Newbold no more: Neighborhood Association votes in favor of name change http://ow.ly/omiX5030Rfm
U.S. Steel extends headquarters lease http://ow.ly/OcGr5030Rf9
“Gold Isn’t An Investment – Gold Is Money” http://ow.ly/8JZtay
Do Your Values Align with Your Money & Time? http://ow.ly/8JZtaw
want to make a offer but my agent has not responded http://ow.ly/8JZtar
Millennials Will Live In Cities Unlike Anything We’ve Ever Seen Before http://ow.ly/8JZtal
Revealed: UK ‘is in the throes of a housing crisis’ http://ow.ly/8JZtak
How to Keep Your Dog Out of Your Garden Read more: http://members.houselogic.com/download/web/#ixzz474N3uyRw Follow us: @HouseLogic on Twitter | HouseLogic on Facebook
Visit houselogic.com for more articles like this.
Copyright 2016 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Read more: http://members.houselogic.com/download/web/#ixzz474MreNNY
Follow us: @HouseLogic on Twitter | HouseLogic on Facebook